Life & Other Stuff

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goodbye Vacation

Dear Vacation,

I'm an adult.  I have responsibilities.  I know. 

I know that the holidays are over and normal life must resume.  But, I just wanted to express my deepest appreciation for all that you are and all that you do.  This last week or so, you gave me the gift of time.  After all the busyness preparing for Christmas, trying to focus more on the advent than I ever have before, meeting work deadlines, and letting all the holiday tasks impede on my sleep you let me rest.  And, rest I did!  I slept.  I napped.  I slept some more.  I napped again.  I realize now that when I push my body, mind, and spirit to its limit there is little of me left to give.  The first few days, I actually had physical body pains because my body was crying for me to rest more.  Between all the resting, I laughed.  I cried. I hugged.  I giggled.  I screamed. I talked. I ate. I sat. I walked. I chased.  I jumped.  I played. I lived life in a restful way.  Now, I am rested.  I'm so rested that I hope to be able to sleep well tonight so tomorrow I have myself to give again to the world (or work, anyways). 


Thank you for these last few days of pure indulgence.  I am re-energized to take on the world.  Welcome 2011.  I can't wait to see what's ahead.

I will miss you.  But, I know the next time I see you you will be there with the gift of time.  Thanks!

Your biggest fan,
Julz

No comments:

Post a Comment