A party snack favorite and OH so easy to put together.
|Yogurt dip after 4 women "attacked" it. Haha!|
1 - 8 oz. Yoplait Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup Vanilla granola
2 Fuji apples sliced
Small bowl of filtered water
2 Tbsp. salt
Directions for yogurt dip:
1. Pour yogurt into a presentable shallow bowl. You can use any flavor yogurt you want. I chose Greek because it has a thicker consistency so the yogurt will "stick" to the apples better. I chose Honey Vanilla because the flavors go well with the apples. But, really, you can use any of your favorite flavors. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
2. Just before serving layer over the yogurt the almonds.
3. Then layer the granola over the almonds.
4. I gently shook the bowl. The yogurt stayed in place but the almonds and granola mixed slightly to blend the flavors.
One of my favorite kitchen tools is the apple divider. Makes apple cutting SUPER EASY! I'm all about easy.
With parties, prepping your food is key so you don't feel crunched for time when the guests arrive. You can prepare the apples in advance. But apples brown, you say. You can treat the sliced apples with a bit of fresh lemon but to me that's a waste of the lemon. Recently I learned another tip. Soak apple slices in salted water.
1. In a medium size bowl (large enough to fit all your apple slices) pour enough water to fill 1/2 the bowl (once you immerse the apples the water will rise).
2. Pour salt in and mix with a spoon (I like to use chopsticks. It's not just for eating!) to help the salt dissolve.
3. Slice/divide the apples and place in the salty water.
4. Keep cool in refrigerator until ready to serve.
5. Just before serving, rinse the apples just to get rid of the salt. Salt will also enhance the sweetness of the fruit.
Carefully present the apples on a nice platter. You can place the dip in the center for easy dipping.
Voila! Your guests will be wondering how you put it all together. It's quite yummy!