Life & Other Stuff

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Orange Pineapple Muffins


On a visit to a bake shop one day, I came across the most delicious muffin EVER!  I'm not usually a big fan of fruity baked goods but for some reason this one fantabulous. 

The original store bought muffin


Meet the Orange Pineapple Muffin. 
 Ever since I had one, I just can't have enough of it.  So, I decided to try my hand at baking a batch of my own.  Looked around online and didn't find exactly what I was hoping for but there were certainly a lot of different renditions.  Here's mine.





Julz Orange Pineapple Muffins

1 box (18.25 oz) Orange Supreme Duncan Hines Cake Mix
4 eggs
1 cup (8oz) unsweetened applesauce (this is a substitution for oil to make the recipe a little healthier)
1 can (11 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1/3 cup orange juice
Pam butter flavored cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bottom and sides of muffin pan.  I used a mini muffin pan but you can certainly use a larger muffin pan.  I used Pam butter flavored cooking spray.

Mix with mixer the cake mix, eggs, applesauce, crushed pineapple, and orange juice.  I like to use ice cream scoopers (the kind that has the little scraper within) to allow for even distribution of batter.  Fill each muffin cup (I didn't use the paper cupcake cups but you could) with the batter.

Bake for 20 minutes.  Poke a toothpick in the center to ensure it's fully baked.

Makes about 40 mini muffins and probably about 18 larger muffins.

You can certainly also add cranberries or pecans for extra flavor.  If you want to turn them into cupcakes, just add your favorite frosting.  This would also make for a nice cake. 
Warning:  Your home will smell like orange creamsicles.  YUM!

Enjoy with a cup of tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment