Life & Other Stuff

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Artist Circle

The Artist Circle is a small group at my church that meets once a week.  It is comprised of artsy people ranging from sculptors, songwriters, musicians, painters, cardmakers, sewers, poets, and other art mediums.  This group just started a few weeks ago and the plan is to meet for 6 weeks.  Hopefully, this small group will continue beyond that but this is the initial effort.  Not sure what we will be like eventually, but for now we are making time in our lives to create art and to be inspired by His word.

First goal: An art show at the end of August. 

I suppose I would consider myself a closeted artist, never having had professional training in my craft(s).  But, when creating something, I get into this passionate groove. None of it feels like work and I sometimes get so immersed in what I'm doing, the hours have passed by.  Perhaps this is my purpose; what I was created to do.

It will be interesting to see how The Artist Circle will impact my creativity or artistic efforts as I move forward.

The questions now is "What am I going to do for this art show?".

No comments:

Post a Comment